Sunday, September 26, 2010

Standing

If the Lord were to come tomorrow where would you be? What will you be doing? Where were you be standing? What would you be looking at? What would you be saying? What would you be thinking?


For that last two or three days I have had this strong impression that the Lord's second coming is near. It is not an apocalyptic feeling, a prophetic statement, or even a vision that I had. It is a peaceful feeling that He can't wait to come and meet with us and I can't wait to see Him again. It's a feeling of joy that He will be returning soon to the House of his Father, even the temple. Yes, I know for a fact, and my heart doesn't doubt it for a second, that He will visit us there. This feeling just can't seem to escape from me.

Have you been there lately? Have you heard Him whisper to you? Have you felt his countenance around you? Have you felt his presence there? If so, then you'll know what I am referringn to.  If you haven't yet, don't wait. Each time I go to the temple the feelings and the promptings that He is there gets stronger and stronger. His coming is near. I am not sure if I will live to see his second coming, but lately I have had the stongest desire to see that my children and grandchild, and future grandchildren know and be ready to know where to stand, where to be, when the second coming finally takes place.  I hope that they know they feel very comfortable in that place.  

So where will I be standing when He comes? By now, you know where I want and will be when He comes.  If I am permitted to live that great and glorious day, I hope that I will be standing in the temple with my wife and children, and Penny, and future grandchildren. There, we'll be all dressed in white, hugging, crying with joy, embracing each other, and hearing Kelly saying “I told you He will come” and me saying “I always knew He will” and hearing my children say “I don't want us to be anywhere else. Thank you mom for all that you taught us, because without it we wouldn't be standing here.”

 I hope to see us all there, dressed in white, being ready to receive Him. To me, this is what the second coming would be like.



“Stand ye in holy places, and be not moved, until the day of the Lord come; for behold, it cometh quickly, saith the Lord.”

2 comments:

  1. Sure enjoyed my time with all of you. Thanks for this wonderful post. On my return flight I sat with a grandma dealing with so many bad issues in her family's life. I felt for her...but also ...so, so grateful for my family, for the way they teach their children and support their spouses, etc. I too hope I get to see the second coming (and have had those feelings lately)...but no matter what, I live with the knowledge of the Gospel, of Heavenly Father's great love for us all. I pray everyday for each and everyone one of (my now) large family which I am so proud of. I am especially so proud of you & Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post. I even like the title a lot. Ha. You make a great blog.

    ReplyDelete